What plants protect from cancer 2021
It has been announced that rosemary, broccoli, mulberry, grapefruit, pomegranate, grape and green tea have a protective effect against cancer. Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Medical Oncology, Assoc. Dr. Canfeza Sezgin wrote “Which Plant for Which Cancer?”
In the foreword of the book titled, he emphasized that today very intensive studies are carried out on increasing the success of cancer treatment, and that a significant part of the research is drug development studies, and that the plants and substances found in plants and plants found in land and sea are used in the development of new drugs.
Stating that most of the drugs used today are developed from natural products, Sezgin stated that the activities of various substances in natural products against cancer were evaluated in studies and that the effective substances were separated and taken into the drug development phase.
Noting that cancer treatment is not accepted by any scientific phytotherapy (herbal treatment) authority by using medicinal herbs for medical treatment, Sezgin said that in the published articles and researches, it was stated that phytotherapy products are used alongside cancer treatments such as chemotherapy, hormonal therapy or radiotherapy.
Sezgin emphasized that many studies show that drug-drug interaction, as well as drug-herbal therapy, can interfere with the effectiveness of the treatment, and therefore, the oncologist or hematology specialist who follows cancer treatment should have knowledge about alternative medicine approaches.
Plants and cancer types
– Aloe vera is thought to be beneficial in protecting against skin cancers due to its immunomodulatory effects in cell, animal and human studies.
– Effective in bee pollen, lung, brain, colon, leukemia, malignant, melanoma, breast and prostate cancer. Also protective against lung cancer.
– Rosemary is protective against lung, skin, colon, leukemia and breast cancer.
Black cohosh is effective in treating prostate cancer.
– Broccoli is effective in combating cancers of the urinary tract and bladder, colon and breast, and also protective against these cancers.
– Wheatgrass is effective in breast cancer.
– Periwinkle help in the treatment of various organ cancers, lymphoma and leukemia. (However, it should not be used beyond the doctor’s control. It should be remembered that it can cause harmful side effects)
– Fenugreek is effective in the treatment of colon, peritoneum, bone, leukemia, breast cancer.
– Black seed helps in the treatment of lung, head and neck, colon, liver, peritoneum, leukemia, lymphoma, breast, pancreas, prostate, soft tissue cancers.
– Effective against cancers of the lung, head and neck, urinary tract and bladder, colon, prostate.
– Mulberry attracts attention as a supplementary food for cancer patients. White, black and red mulberry has been used in traditional Chinese and Japanese medicine for centuries.
– Effective in echinacea, colon and pancreatic cancer.
– Grapefruit has a protective effect against cancer. However, the newly understood grapefruit-drug interactions in recent years should not be forgotten.
– Nettle is effective in prostate cancer.
– Dandelion is thought to be helpful in the treatment of colon, liver, leukemia, malignant melanoma, breast and uterine cancer.
– Flaxseed is effective in colon, malignant melanoma, breast and prostate cancer.
– Effective in cranberry, lung, head and neck, colon, liver, breast, prostate, esophagus and soft tissue cancers.
– Effective on the head and neck, skin, urinary tract and bladder, lymphoma, leukemia, malignant melanoma, breast and prostate cancers.
– Pomegranate is effective in head and neck, colon, leukemia, breast and prostate cancers. Pomegranate also has a protective effect against cancer.
– Mistletoe is effective in lung, head and neck, liver, peritoneum and breast cancer.
Garlic is effective in breast cancer. Garlic also has a protective effect against large intestine, stomach and prostate cancers.
– Grape has a protective effect against cancer. Today, the chemical substances found in grape seed and skin have been shown to be powerful antioxidants. It has been determined that the chemical substances in grapes have protective and therapeutic properties on cancer, cardiovascular disease and central nervous system diseases.
– Blueberry is effective in colon and leukemia.
– Green tea is effective in lung, head-neck, brain, colon, liver, lymphoma, leukemia, malignant melanoma, breast and prostate cancer. Green tea, which is the unfermented form of black tea, also has a protective feature against cancer. Both black and green teas contain plenty of antioxidants.
Green tea is more beneficial than black tea because it has a higher percentage of polyphenols. Green tea is a potent anticarcinogen, antioxidant and weight loss nutrient. A recent study revealed that green tea and grape extracts (plant extracts obtained from dried plants using special methods and used as pharmaceutical raw materials) increase each other’s effects against cancer.
– Ginger is effective in lung, colon, liver, lymphoma, leukemia, malignant melanoma, breast, stomach, pancreatic and ovarian cancer. Laboratory studies were conducted on the effect of ginger on cancer cells. In these studies, ginger was found to kill cells of lung, colon, malignant melanoma, breast, stomach, liver, pancreas, ovarian cancer, and leukemia and lymphoma.
– Turmeric is effective in head and neck, skin, urinary tract and bag, colon, breast, stomach, pancreas and cervical cancer. New studies have revealed that turmeric inhibits the proliferation of abnormal cells and cancer cells. It has been determined that turmeric reduces the activity of the enzyme that allows cancer cells to survive. ”